The Racecourse, Beverley is located at York Road, Beverley, HU17 8QZ.
They have two special family racedays taking place during the School Summer Holidays:
- 31st July – Paw Patrol Family Raceday
- 26th August – Family Raceday featuring Cheesefest
For more info and to buy tickets for either race please visit their website here.
Didi rugby holiday sessions are running in Beverley and Pocklington during the summer and spaces are available to book now!
During the sessions your little one will be coached a variety of rugby skills such as throwing, kicking and running with the ball as well as the core values of the game – Teamwork, Respect, Enjoyment, Discipline and Sportsmanship! We will be doing activities and games to promote active, healthy lifestyles whilst they make new friends, develop confidence and most importantly have some fun!!
Sessions are open to members (£10) and non-members (£20) aged 18mths to 6yrs; those 3yrs and above can be dropped off and collected at the end, younger children do need a grown up to stay with them. Children can wear whatever they are comfortable running around in as well as suncream and hat as we will be outside whenever possible. A drink is essential and please ensure they bring any snacks required too!
- Beverley RUFC – July 24th, 25th, 26th, 10am to 1pm
- Pocklington Scout Hut – August 14th, 15th, 16th, 28th, 29th, 30th, 9am to midday
Book online at here or contact Emma Cutress on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07730 596663. You can also find them on facebook here.
Over 12,000 blocks.
Dominoes is a 3.5km domino run for all to enjoy around Hull city centre on Saturday 11th August. An ideal school holidays family event! Plan your Day:
- 12noon – 2.30pm: Get Ready! Watch the dominoes being assembled.
- 2.30 – 4.30pm: Explore! Explore the full route with all the structures in place.
- 4.30 – 5.30pm: Go! And they’re off. Section 1 starts approx 4.30pm. Section 2 starts approx 5pm. More info and the routemap on the Mumbler blog here.
Free, unticketed event. Find out more on their website here.
Gravity Trampoline Park, St Stephens Shopping Centre, Ferensway, Hull.
Parent & Toddler Sessions are sessions for children under 5 to bounce around the whole park with their parents with no big children about. These are running every day during the school holidays from 9-10am.
The sessions are just £5 for 1 toddler and 1 adult to bounce together, + £2.50 each for your Gravity safety socks. Book your place now by calling 01482 231707 or via their website here. If you book online, add 2 tickets to your cart and enter code P&T-2 at checkout to redeem your discount.
Join our colourful wonderland, with magical messy activities set to raise hairs and spark imaginations. All you have to do is come along and Mess Around, then leave the cleaning up to us!
Suitable for children aged 6 months-5 years. Events are:
- 29th July – Hessle Town Hall
- 2nd August – St Albans Hall, Hull
- 4th August – Victoria Dock Village Hall, Hull
- 26th August – Hessle Town Hall
For more information and to book please contact Amy on Eastyorks@messarounduk.com or 07768 199489 or checkout all the events on her facebook page here.
Piglets Adventure Farm Park, Towthorpe Grange, York, YO32 9ST
Unmissable Summer family fun is back at Piglets Adventure Farm from 21st July – 3rd September!
All included in entry, boogie on down with bigger and better Foam Parties, explore the Maize Maze challenge, watch hilarious Pig Racing and follow the magical Fairy Tale Trail. Plus, get ready to be entertained with Fatt Matt’s Circus and The Magic Hatter’s summertime silliness. There’s stacks of indoor and outdoor fun and lots of adorable animal activities too, you won’t want to miss it!
Piglets Adventure Farm is located 15 minutes from the centre of York, on Towthorpe Moor Lane, between Strensall Road and the A64, North of York. For full information please call 01904 499183 or visit their website here.
William’s Den, Castle Farm, Wold Hill, North Cave, East Riding Of Yorkshire, HU15 2LS.
Join us for our new Saturday Socials! On selected dates during the summer The Den will be open from 9:30am – 9pm! Giving families the opportunity to enjoy the summer evenings together.
You can join us anytime during the day but the additional fun starts from 5:30 when you can enjoy
Live Music, DJ, Licenced Bar, BBQ, Outdoor Play, Games and Activities. It really will be a fun evening for all the family!
The Saturday Socials will take place on the following dates; 1st July – 11th August – 1st September.
COME EARLY, PLAY, STAY & PARTY!
Normal admission fees apply. Friends of the Den can use their annual pass for the event. The Kitchen Table will be serving food until 6pm. BBQ available until 8pm. Please note: no picnics will be allowed after 3pm
And for the rest of the summer holidays The Den is open daily 9.30am-7pm.
For more information please call 01430 472230 or email email@example.com. Or you can find more info and book tickets on their website here.
The Herd and Hull Libraries present SLIME, a 50-minute show for the very young taking place at East Park Library, Hull Central Library, Gipysyville Library and Greenwood Library.
Being a slug is hard. Everyone thinks you’re disgusting. When Slog the slug tries to make friends with Cola the caterpillar, Cola has other ideas. Cola thinks that slugs are gross. They’re covered in SLIME, they move weirdly and they have terrible taste in music. But when things get sticky, and Slog is the only one who can help, Cola realises that having a slug for a friend might not be so bad after all…
Enter the undergrowth to SQUISH, SQUELCH and PLAY your way through this funny and surreal show for 2-5 year olds and their families. Running from 20th August to 1st September. Tickets – Children £5. Adults £5. Find tickets and more information on their website here. Pay what you can performances – 10am on 20th, 23rd, 28th and 31st August.
Pink Pig Farm, Holme Hall, Holme, Scunthorpe, Lincolnshire, DN16 3RE. 01724 844466. Open daily from 9am.
Visit the Pink Pig between 21st July – 4th September for some great family fun!
Join us over the summer holidays for some much-needed family fun in the sun! With two main themes, each running for 3 weeks over the holidays, we’ve got plenty to keep your little ones entertained & occupied! Fun activities include; become a Pink Pig farmer, inflatable obstacle course, pea planting, feed the hungry pigs, tractor rides, farmer woodland walk, make a mud pie, plus SO much more!
For more info and to book tickets please visit their website here.
Culture Tots summer programme is here… Book now!!!
Mondays: World of Wonder, Hull Community Church, Newland Avenue. Join us in the beautiful sensory room at the World of Wonder, a fabulous imaginative play space for children. 10.00 Toddle Songs (ages 1-4), 11.00 Sensory Songs (ages 0-1). Each week, we have a special theme!
- 30th July – On the Farm!
- 6th August – Pirates’ Island
- 13th August – Under the Sea
- 20th August – Off to Space!
Tuesdays: Milk and Therapy, Anlaby. 31st July, 7th and 14th August. Sensory Songs – Join a gentle and relaxed baby music session, in a lovely cosy setting at milk and therapy. Choose from 2 classes: 10.00-10.45, 10.45-11.30.
Also A Musical Teddy Bears Picnic at Willerby Methodist Church Garden, 27th July 11.30am-1pm. Join us for yummy food, songs, activities and sensory play for families with under 5s.
Advance booking essential – book online here or visit the Culture Tots website to find out more. Or you can contact Anna at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning 07946 746 967.
Tower Street, Hull, HU1 4DP (Sat Nav HU9 1TU). 01482 381000. Open daily 10am – 6pm (last entry 5pm).
It’s all about slime this summer at The Deep from 21 July to 2 September. Join us at 11am, 1pm and 3pm for ‘The Slime Show’ where your little scientists can help with exciting experiments as we explore which animals use slime in their everyday lives. There’s props galore, and of course, lots of gooey green stuff. And if that’s not enough, you can even make your own pot of slime (12-4pm) to take home for just £1 – the question is, what colour will yours be? Don’t forget to take a picture at the mad scientist photo board too and share it with us at #thedeephull.
Runs 21st July to 2nd September.
The Deep offers FREE return visits for 12 months with the Day Plus Pass. Simply complete your details at reception and retain your tickets to make use of this offer. Full terms and conditions can be found on The Deep’s website.
York’s six Park & Ride services allow you to travel to York by car, park for free and complete your journey into the city centre by bus. Fares are low, with up to three children aged 16 or under travelling free when accompanied by a paying adult. Discounts are available for regular Park & Ride users. All Park & Ride sites and buses are equipped with free WiFi.
For timetables and more information visit their website here.
Active Coast run a range of fun sport and fitness activities during school holiday for families in Bridlington, Hornsea and Withernsea, including beach boot camp, beach tennis, volleyball, cricket, dodgeball and much more. This summer:
Have A Beach Day: 26th July and 30th August at Bridlington South Cliff Beach, Yo15 3QN and 16th August at Bridlington South Beach, YO15 3LG. Come and try volleyball, tennis, art wall, play activities, hit the drums with Louder than Life, and much more.
Have a Field Day: 2nd August 11am-3pm at Graingers Field, South Promenade, Hornsea, HU18 1QB, 9th August 11am-4pm at Sewerby Cliff Top, YO15 2LX and 23rd August 11am-3pm at Valley Gardens, Witernsea, HU19 2DN. Have fun on giant obstacles, clip ‘n climb, storytelling, dance and a range of sports and activities.
Beach Cove, Hornsea Freeport, Rolston Road, Hornsea, HU18 1UT.
Beach Cove is a large indoor soft play and outdoor play area at the shopping outlet. They have some extra events on this summer –
- 7th & 25th July and 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd & 29th August: Facepainting. £1.50 per child.
- 23rd & 30th July and 6th, 13th & 20th August: Rock Hunting. Free
- 21st & 22nd July and 11th 12th 25th & 26th August: Ice Cream Decorating. £2 each
- 27th July and 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th & 31st August: Tattoo Friday. Free
- 29th July and 26th August: Fancy Dress with spot prizes
- 22nd August: Teddy Bears Picnic
- 27th August: Beach Party, including BBQ, face painting, disco and fancy dress.
A facebook group set up to inspire and delight children through the holidays. Paint some rocks and hide them, if you find them share the pics and re-hide them. We’ve really enjoyed finding and re-hiding them! All details on facebook here.
Other groups are launching too. Sproatley Rocks can be found on facebook here and a group covering the Haltemprice area (West Hull villages) on facebook here.
Bridlington Spa, South Marine Drive, Bridlington, YO15 3JH.
Starting off the school holidays with a bang! Children’s Festival at Bridlington Spa, with shows, events and workshops:
- 21st July – The Giants Loo Roll, 11am & 2.30pm
- 21st July – Music Box with Halle Orchestra, 2pm
- 22nd July – Halle Orchestra Celebrates Music of Dance, 2pm
- 23rd – 25th July – Musical Theatre Summer School, ages 7-16 years, 9am-4pm
- 23rd July – Megaslam Wrestling Live!, 7.30pm
- 24th July – Magic Mike, 2pm
- 24th July – Roller Disco, 5pm, 6.45pm, 8.30pm
- 26th July – Witches & Wizardry Workshop, age 8+, 9.30am – 12noon
- 26th July – Remarkable Rock workshop, age 10+, 9.30am-12noon
- 26th July – Musicals Masterclass, age 10+, 1.30-3.30pm
- 26th July – BJs Fizzy Wuzzy Pet Shop, 1.30pm
- 27th July – Fairytales Workshop, age 8+, 9.30am-12noon
- 28th – 29th July – The Snail & The Whale, various times
For tickets and more info call the box office on 01262 678258.
Burnby Hall Gardens and Museum, The Balk, Pocklington, York, YO42 2QF. 01759 307125.
Burnby Hall are holding several children’s activity days across the summer holidays. All 11am – 4pm, event included in the admission price:
- 25th July – Big HLF Community Day
- 1st August – The Great Wizard Gathering
- 8th August – World War 1 Discovery Day
- 15th August – Big Beasts; Mini Beasts
- 22nd August – Summer Seaside Fun
- 29th August – Picture Book Rhymes
Also on 17th August – Chapterhouse Theatre present the show Robin Hood and his Merry Men. Starts at 6.30pm, must book tickets in advance. For prices and booking please call 01759 307125.
Most children’s centres in Hull & the East Riding run a special program of free activities during school holidays. Please contact your nearest Children’s Centre for their timetables.
The Parks Childrens Centre in West Hull have their summer timetable here – The Parks Childrens Centre Summer Timetable 2018
Wheeler Children’s Centre, The Rainbow Centre (Wheeler Street, Hull, HU3 5QE) summer activities:
- 27th July 10am-12noon: A Day at The Beach. Sand pits, water play, beach themed, crafts. Activities for children aged 0 -11 (must have sibling under 5). £1.50/family.
- 3rd August 10-11am: Parent & Tots Dance. A fun and active session suitable for walkers up to 5 years old. Please come wearing appropriate footwear. £1/family.
- 9th August 10am-1pm: Purple Pig Farm. The farm animals will be coming for a visit to the Rainbow Centre. Come and meet the calves, lambs, piglets, chicks, ducklings, alpaca. For children aged 0 -11 (must have sibling under 5). 50p/adult £1/child.
- 14th August 11am-12noon: Soft Play. Chance for children to burn off that energy and have fun. Appropriate for children aged 18mth – 5 years. £1.50/family.
- 23rd August 10am-12noon: Around the World. Play activities – Make your own book/flags, Taste food from other countries, Find out about the top 10 places to visit in Hull. Activities for children aged 0 -8 (must have sibling under 5). £1.50/family.
- 30th August 10am-12noon: Teddy Bear Picnic: Bring your favourite teddy for a trip to West Park and a teddy bear picnic. Family sports and fun supported by Healthy Lifestyles. Don’t forget your picnic! Activities for children aged 0 -8 (must have sibling under 5). £1.50/family.
- Tuesdays 1-3pm, 2 x 3 week courses starting 24th July and 14th August: Cook with Helen. Come with your child to learn how to cook a simple healthy meal for your family. Free gift upon course completion. Spaces are limited. Free of charge.
All must be booked in advance and paid for on booking (call them on 01482 502466).
Clowes Memorial Church, corner of Greenwood Avenue and 1st Avenue, Orchard Park, Hull.
Wednesdays in school holidays 10am – 2pm. Summer holiday fun days:
- 8th August – Under the Sea theme day, with fish and chips for lunch
- 15th August – Dinosaur theme day, with turkey dinosaurs and salad for lunch
- 29th August – Action theme day with hotdogs and ice creams for lunch
All welcome. There is no booking needed and no fee to come, there is a donation welcome box if anyone wants to put something in. Call/text 07984441781 for more info.
You can find details of all one off family events and activities happening over the school holidays by day in the Mumbler Events Calendar here.
Gabrielle’s Pottery Painting Studio and Tea Room, 19 Hull Road, Anlaby, HU10 6SP. 01482 654481.
Paint Me a Story and general pottery painting run during school holidays. Also do a treasure hunt around Anlaby in some school holidays, starting and ending at Gabrielle’s, pop in to collect a treasure map. Contact them for details.
Gabrielle’s is open Monday to Saturday 9am-4pm, Sunday 10am-4pm.
The Hull Museums put on extra activities and events in the school holidays. Summer holidays:
- 27th July, 11am, 1pm & 3pm (45 minute sessions), Ferens Art Gallery: Story Telling Sessions. Suitable for accompanied children age 3 – 11 years. Drop-in. Places are limited so please arrive early to avoid disappointment.
- 28th July, 11am-4pm, Streetlife Museum: East Yorkshire Thoroughbred Car Club. An exciting and unique vintage vehicle rally with up to 30 of their unique and much-loved vehicles. Entry to view the rally is free!
- 31st July, 10.30am-11.15am and 8th August 2018, 1.30-2.15pm, Hull and East Riding Museum: Gallery Talk – The Anglo-Saxons. Join a member of our collections team in the Anglo-Saxon gallery for a fascinating insight into Early Medieval life in East Yorkshire. Free, drop in.
- 31st July, 10am-11.30am, Ferens Art Gallery: Mini Masterpieces – Printing. Create your own printed masterpieces inspired by the artworks in the gallery. Be warned it could get messy! £1.50 per child, payable on the day, drop in. Aimed at children aged 2-5.
- 2nd August and 14th August 2-4pm, and 30th August 11am-1pm, Hull and East Riding Museum: Please Touch object handling session. Get hands-on with our archaeology collections with this unique opportunity to handle objects from the museum stores. Free, drop in.
- 3rd August, 10.30am-12.30pm, Streetlife Museum: Vehicle Sun Prints. Use special natural photographic paper to create an image of a vehicle you’ve designed. Free, drop in.
- 7th August, 10am-11.30am, Ferens Art Gallery: Mini Masterpieces – Clay. Join us to create your own clay masterpieces inspired by the artworks in the gallery. Be warned it could get messy! £1.50 per child, payable on the day, drop in. Aimed at children aged 2-5.
- 8th August, 11am-1pm, Wilberforce House Museum: Flower Power. William Wilberforce used to walk around with flowers in his pocket – take inspiration from the Wilberforce garden and create your own flower. Free, drop in.
- 11th August, 11am-1pm, Streetlife Museum: Time Troopers – Cityscape. Design your own 3D city. Free, drop in.
- 14th August, 10am-11.30am, Ferens Art Gallery: Mini Masterpieces – Painting. Join us to create your own painted masterpieces inspired by the artworks in the gallery. Be warned it could get messy! £1.50 per child, payable on the day, drop in. Aimed at children aged 2-5
- 15th August, 2pm-4pm, Wilberforce House Museum: Animal Magic. Create your own animal masks inspired by animal folk tales of West Africa. Free, drop in.
- 16th August and 22nd August, 10.30am-11.15am, Hull and East Riding Museum: Gallery Talk – A Portrait of Classical Women. Explore the Roman galleries with one of our curators, focusing on the depiction and presentation of femininity in our fabulous mosaics. Free, drop in.
- 17th August, 1pm-3pm, Streetlife Museum: Bizarre Bikes. Be inspired by historic bicycles to design your own weird and wonderful cycle!Free, drop in.
- 21st August, 10am-11.30am, Ferens Art Gallery: Mini Masterpieces – Drawing. Join us to create your own drawn masterpieces inspired by the artworks in the gallery. Be warned it could get messy! £1.50 per child, payable on the day, drop in. Aimed at children aged 2-5
- 25th August, 1pm-2.30pm, Hands on History Museum: Puppet Making. Take inspiration from our beautiful Victorian toys on display to create your own puppet. Free, drop in.
- 29th August, 1.30pm-3.30pm, Hull Maritime Museum: Conservation in Action. Chat to our volunteers about the work the conservation team are undertaking and take a look behind the scenes at our hands on care of collections. Free, drop in.
- 31st August, 11am-1pm, Hull and East Riding Museum: Cave Painting. Help us create a room full of cave paintings using a variety of art materials. Free, drop in
All of the Hull Museums are free entry and a good, indoor place to visit during school holidays. You can find a full list of all our areas museums on the Mumbler Days Out: Museums page here.
This summer 6 of the Hull parks will open their paddling pools and water play area’s which you can use for free. Opening on Saturday 28th July for the summer holidays are:
- Alderman Kneeshaw, Barham Road, Hull
- Oak Road Playing Fields, 61 Etherington Drive, Hull
- Bude Park, Bude Road, Hull
- Pickering Park, Pickering Road, Hull
- West Park, Walton Street, Hull
- Ings Park, Ings Road, Hull
The HeadStart Hull Play Rangers programme is delivered in partnership by Hessle Road Network,
Maxlife Youth Project and St. Michael’s Youth Project, and provides activities for children, young people and families during school holidays, including treasure trails, dance, music, sport, art. Activities are for all ages however, under 9’s need to be accompanied by an adult or older sibling/family member. All sessions are free to participate, with snacks and drinks provided. For further information regarding Hull Play Rangers activities contact:
- East Hull – Maxlife Youth Project, 01482 781333, email@example.com
- North Hull – St. Michael’s Youth Project, 01482 805263, firstname.lastname@example.org
- West Hull – Hessle Road Network, 01482 606077, email@example.com
For a really different idea this school holiday…why not have a sleepover! Dolly Daydreams indoor sleepover tents can turn a cold, wet half term day into a lot of fun.
They bring the A-frame tents and set up a lovely sleepover party for your child and their friends. Lots of themes available, see the Mumbler blog here for more info and pics.
Minimum hire is for 4 Tents at £80, although they have a special offer for 3 tents if bedding is hired too. For more information and to enquire about your indoor sleepover please contact Jan on 07581 256607.
There are children’s activities are running at the Hull and East Riding Leisure Centres during school holidays.
East Riding Leisure Centres have a full list on their website here. It includes Archery, Clip ‘n Climb, roller disco, swimming crash courses, pool inflatables and much more.
Call your local leisure centre for full details. See the Days Out section for a full list of Leisure Centres in our area and their contact details.
Let Loose!, Hull Road, Woodmansey.
- 28th July and and 25th August: Monkeying around! Want to try something different? Today is a day devoted to climbing, race your friends up our tower, try our exciting rotating wall, or complete the most difficult climb in the park. This day is for monkeys of all ages!
- 11th August: Magical fairy-tale. Let Loose! will be transformed into an enchanted forest for the day where mythical creatures and Prince’s & Princesses will await your arrival!! Fancy dress is 100% encouraged.
- 18th August: Blow up Bonanza! Its back! Our park is filled with everything inflatable! Slides, Obstacle courses, Bungee runs, Gladiator arenas, Twister, and so much more! Climb the un-climbable ladder?
For more details and advance bookings please call them on 01482 843 475.
Most local libraries run extra, free activities during the school holidays. There’s a list of all local libraries on Mumbler here.
During the summer holidays the libraries are running the Summer Reading Challenge, a free weekly activity to keep your children reading through the school holidays. This year it’s Mischief Makers. Contact your nearest library to sign up.
Toll Gavel United Church, Beverley: Holiday Club – Thursdays 26th July and 30th August, 2-3.30pm. Accompanied children of all ages welcome. Free! (donation box if you would like to contribute). Contact Cathy Beynon, Children and Families Worker, on 07913 378148.
Norwood Methodist Church, Beverley: Norwood Nippers – Wednesdays 25th July, 8th and 22nd August. 9-11.30am. Accompanied children age 0-11 welcome. £1 per adult, 50p per child. Refreshments, activities, craft and fun. Contact Karen Eyre, Children and Families Worker on 07517 710591.
Children 11yrs and younger can come along and take part in a number of animal related art and craft activities throughout the summer at our branch here on Clough Road in Hull.
There is a small charge of £2 per child per session to cover materials. Visitors are also welcome to take a look around our centre to find out about the work we do here. Refreshments will be available. Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times and booking is essential by emailing our Education Officer Suzie Nichols at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please let us know which sessions you would like to attend (date plus morning OR afternoon) and don’t forget to let us know the number of children you will be accompanying. Booking is on a first come first served basis as space is limited. Sessions:
- Thursday July 26th and Tuesday August 14th ,11am-1pm OR 2pm- 4pm: Under the Sea. Sea Creature Funky Foam Finger Puppets, Decorate a Sea Creature Windchime, Coral Reef Shoe Box Diorama, Sea life colouring sheets and word searches
- Thursday August 2nd and 31st August, 11am-1pm OR 2pm- 4pm: Endangered Animals. Air Dry Clay Endangered Animal Models, Endangered Animal Masks, Creative Colouring Rainforest Creatures, Endangered animal colouring sheets and word searches
- Thursday 9th August, 11am-2pm: Mad About Horses. Horse Lady talk/demonstration, Friendship bracelets (various), Decorate a Horse Fridge Magnet, Horse colouring sheets and word searches
Sewerby Hall and Gardens, Church Lane, Sewerby, YO15 1EA.
Sewerby put on lots of extra activities and events in school holidays. Standard admission charges apply unless otherwise stated:
- Yorkshire day: 1st August, 11am-3pm. A celebration of all things Yorkshire including music, Morris dancing, flag making, fun and games and go on a Rusticus Adventure – Great Yorkshire Moments. Donkey rides (£2).
- Food Festival: 12th August, 11am-4pm. Cookery demonstrations plus a range of organisations, a Rusticus Adventure, swing boats, music and fruit kebab workshops in the zoo. Donkey rides (£2).
- Summer Family Fun Day: 19th August, 11am – 4pm. Fun and games including giant inflatables, Punch & Judy, face painting, Bougie Bounce fitness, car rallies and music. Donkey rides (£2).
- EYTCC Summer Gathering: 26th August, 11am-4pm. A gathering of various vehicle clubs, visitors can view many historic and classic vehicles. Also a craft fair and music.
- Rusticus Encounter – Greek Storyteller: Every Monday from 23rd July to 27th August at 11.30am, 1pm and 2.30pm. Exciting outdoor performance with activities.
- Rusticus Storytime – Robin Hood: Every Tuesday from 24th July to 28th August at 11.30am, 12.30pm, 1.30pm and 2.30pm. Choose sides as the woodland creatures create a performance from their trunk of epic adventure stories.
- Magic Day: Every Wednesday between 25th July and 29th August, 11am-4pm. Balloon modelling and face painting. Interactive magic show at 12.30pm, Donkey rides (£2).
- Rusticus Adventure – Shipwreck: Every Thursday between 26th July and 30th August at 11.30am, 1pm and 2.30pm. Energetic adventure walks with games and activities inspired by Shakespeare’s The Tempest.
- Sport, Play & Arts Activities: Every Friday from 27th July to 31st August, 11am-3pm. Fun and educational activities.
Sledmere House, Driffield, Yorkshire YO25 3XG. 01377 236637.
There’s lots going on at Sledmere this summer –
- Pick up an explorer kit and go on a scavenger hunt around the grounds
- Meet our rare breed animals with our stables team every Thursday at 11am throughout the holidays
- Try out our top ten favourite things to do at Sledmere.
Plus keep an eye out for updates on when our brand new Spotty Pig Adventure Play Farm will be opening.
You can find a list of all the workshops, camps and clubs running across the school holidays on the Holiday Clubs & Workshops page here.
Waters Edge Nature Reserve & Visitor Centre, Waterfront, Maltkiln Road, Barton-upon-Humber, DN18 5JR. 01652 631500.
Great, free day out for the school holidays. They also have special activities during school holidays, please call them for more details and to book:
- Childrens pottery workshops. £12, booking essential. 23rd July Pottery Mermaid, 30th July Pottery Fish, 6th August Pottery House Plaque, 13th August Pottery Dragon, 20th August Pottery Penguin, 10.30am or 1pm
- Animal Mysteries with The Lion Learners. For ages 4-12 year. £5, booking essential. 24th July, 1st August, 11am-12pm
- Storytime with The Lion Learners. For ages 2-7 years. £3.50, booking essential. 24th July, 1st August, 1-1.45pm
- Crafty Creations. £1 per child, just drop in. 26th July, 2nd August, 9th August, 16th August, 23rd August, 30th August at 11am-3pm
- Habitat Hunters. For ages 3-8 year. £3, booking essential. 27th July, 3rd August, 10th August, 17th August, 24th August, 31st August at 10.30-11.30am.
- Wet felting family workshop. £14, booking essential. 8th August Rainbow Vessels. 22nd August Under the Sea, 29th August Felted Soaps. 10.30am or 1pm.
- Dry felting family workshop – Mice & Rats. £12, booking essential. 15th August at10.30am or 1pm.
- Wildlife Day & Outdoor Market. Our biggest event of the year! Free family day out, lots of educational activities. 5th August, 1am-4pm
- Classic Car Show. Approximately 100 cars on show from 1918 to the 1980’s. Free admission. 26th August, 10am-4pm.
West Park, Goole. Lots of free events and activities in the park this summer:
- Sunday 15 July, 2-4pm: Armthorpe Elmfield Band. Free. Bring your picnics and join Armthorpe Elmfield Band for a free concert at West Park Bandstand.
- Sunday 22 July, 2-4pm: Hatfield Band. Free. Bring your picnics and join Hatfield Band for a free concert at West Park Bandstand.
- Monday 23 July and Monday 13 August, 1-3pm: Art in the Park. Free. Join Hull Scrapstore for a drop-in arty workshop. With thanks to Friends of West Park.
- Friday 27 July and Friday 17 August, 11am-1pm: Xplorer Orienteering. Free. A fun drop-in morning of orienteering in the park with Friends of West Park.
- Saturday 18 August, 2pm onwards: Music in the Park. Free. An afternoon of musical performances from Goole’s young musicians.
And at Riverside Gardens, Goole:
- Sunday 29 July, 2-4pm: York RI Golden Rail Band. Riverside Gardens Goole. Free. Bring your picnics and join York Railway Institute Golden Rail Band for a free concert at West Park Bandstand.
- Sunday 5 August, 2-4pm: Markham Main Colliery Band. Free Bring your picnics and join Markham Main Colliery Band for a free concert at West Park Bandstand.
For more info or to get involved with any of these please contact Friends of West Park at email@example.com.
Beverley Art Gallery in the Treasure House, Champney Road, Beverley.
From 14th July to 8th September 2018. The world-renowned exhibition is back by popular demand for the 2nd year, on loan from the Natural History Museum in London. It features 100 awe-inspiring images from fascinating animal behaviour to breath-taking wild landscapes. An ideal place to visit this summer holidays.
Dunnington Lodge, Elvington Lane, York, YO19 5LT.
Open for the school holidays! Open daily 14th July to 3rd September ’18.
The UKs biggest maize maze. Over 20 rides, attractions and shows.