Low Dalby, Thornton-Le-Dale, YO18 7LT (just off the A169 Pickering to Whitby road)
Approx 1 hours drive from Hull is this great forest to explore. Dalby Forest, managed by the Forestry Commission, offers over 8,000 acres of woodland to explore, enjoy and discover. Lots of tracks for walking and cycling of different abilities.
- Great play area for children, accessible walking and cycling trails for all.
- Cafes and bike hire centre.
- Go Ape and Forest Segway is also here.
- Adderstone Field has the Enchanted Wood and the Gruffalo Trail which are also fantastic for kids.
- Staindale Lake is great for picnics.
- Hold regular additional events for children.
See their website for more info.