Sewerby Hall and Gardens, Church Lane, Sewerby, Bridlington, YO15 1EA. 01262 673769.
Spooky house and garden trails with a chocolate treat on completion. Runs 21st – 29th October, 11am-4.30pm.
Guy Fawkes Trail, follow the clues to find the barrel of gunpowder in the house with an activity trail in the gardens. Runs 30th October – 5th November, 11am-4.30pm.
- 24th October, 10-11.30am – Sewerby Squirrels Halloween Storytime. Listen to a story about a friendly, but foolish, witch and make a spider to take home.
- 25th and 27th October, 11am-3pm. Witch Crafts & Potions. Help make Witches Brew or Witch Puppets amongst other craft activities.
- 25th and 27th October, 11am-4.30pm – Halloween Photobooth. The UK’s only interactive live actor photobooth, not just a picture, but an experience!
- 26th and 31st October – Rusticus Halloween Adventure. 11.30am, 1pm and 2.30pm. With professional actors this activity will guarantee craziness and education all rolled into one and will take visitors around the more dark and scary corners of the estate
- 26th October – Rusticus Theatre Arts, Ghost Walks (booking required, £5 charge per person). A collection of classic ghost stories (some literary and some traditional) is told by a mysterious storyteller in a variety of atmospheric settings around the estate. 4.30pm, 6pm, 7.30pm. Ages 12 and above recommended.
- 27th October, 12noon-3pm – Zombie Archery. Family Archery with a Halloween twist! Each half-hour session is limited to eight places but there is no need to book. Just turn up and have a go! Minimum age eight years old.
- 28th October, 11am-4pm – Halloween Face Painting.
- 30th October – Pumpkin Carving. Come along and carve your very own ghoulish pumpkin in readiness for a spooky Halloween. All materials provided. 10.30am, 12noon, 1.30pm.
- 1st November, 12noon-3pm – Bonfire Archery. Family Archery with a twist! Each half-hour session is limited to eight places but there is no need to book. Just turn up and have a go! Minimum age eight years old.
- 1st and 3rd November, 11am-3pm – Bonfire Make and Take Activity. Celebrate Bonfire night with a range of craft activities.
- 2nd November 12-3pm – XPLORER Orienteering. In partnership with British Orienteering, this fun activity is aimed at families with younger children. Find the colours or the animals on the plaques scattered around the estate; time yourself or compete against your friends.
- 3rd November, 11am-4pm – Face Painting, Bonfire themed.
- 5th November – Rusticus Adventure: Gunpowder, Treason and Plot. An interactive experience inspired by the events of the Gunpowder Plot of 1605. Visitors meet characters associated with the unsuccessful attempt to assassinate King James I – including the controversial monarch himself, and of course, Guy Fawkes! 11.30am, 1pm, 2.30pm
Standard admission charges apply unless price stated.
5th November is the last day of the main season after which admissions to the estate end. Separate zoo and house admissions will apply from 6th November.