Mother’s Day is on Sunday 31st March 2019 and lots of our local restaurants and attractions are putting on special events. Here’s our guide to where to go and what to buy for mums this year –
I usually end up every year with a bottle of gin (which I am not complaining about!) and some delightful ‘craft’ that my kids have made for me. I like to try and buy local and support local businesses so here are a few ideas for different gifts:
Thoughtful Box – Seeds of Love. Based in Yorkshire, Katie at Seeds of Love has added to her range of bespoke flower seed packets with these beautiful Mother’s Day specific poems, Mother’s Day – Sweet Pea ‘Mumsie’ – Thoughtful Box. They say all the words you are searching for and as the flowers grow, your love will show, year after year.
Choose from Sweet Pea ‘Mumsie’ or Poppy ‘Mother of Pearl’ seeds. Any wording can be changed to suit so if you are wanting gifts for Grandma or Nanna, just get in touch! Or, if you want a poem to go in one of our popular double heart frames with a treasured print alongside, don’t hesitate to email your specific requirements. Also, in our Thought-Full range, we have a number of meaningful gifts which are sure to melt Mum’s hearts!
Please take a look at her website here to view the full ranges. Or you can email her at firstname.lastname@example.org or check out her facebook page here. Last order date Tuesday before Mother’s Day!
The Mile in Pocklington: The farmshop sells some lovely local gifts and their produce section only stocks Yorkshire produce, including gins, wine, jams and preserves. They sell lots of unique, personalised photo gifts too so you can print out a picture of the kids or whole family on lots of different items from place mats and mugs to cushions and rugs! It’s also a lovely place to spend Mother’s Day as they have cafe with a small soft play, find out more on their website here.
Gift Vouchers: These always go down well as mum can choose what she wants herself! De Lacy Hair & Beauty in Willerby have vouchers available to buy for any amount or for a specific treatment. They have a great Offer on Mumbler at the moment for their Superfood Facial, usually £48 it’s just £29.50 until the end of March so book your mum in for one in the lead up to Mother’s Day. Find all details here.
Princes Quay Hull – Discover everything you need for Mother’s Day at PQ. 23rd and 24th March 2019, 12noon-4pm daily. Pose for a pic at the flower wall photobooth on Outlet Level 3 and get a personalised keyring, then show your keyring in store at Hallmark for 20% off Mother’s Day cards. Visit the Mother’s Day gift showcase on Level 2.
Eating Out on Mothers Day:
A lot of the local pubs will be running a special Mother’s Day meal, but here’s a list of places to eat at that are providing that little bit extra –
- The Village Hotel Hull: Mother’s Day Family Celebration at The Village Hotel, Priory Park, Hull. Carvery meal followed by fun and games, includes a gift for every mum. Bar opens 12.30pm, lunch served 1.00pm. £17 per adult & £8.50 per child. More details on their website here.
- The Hallmark Hotel North Ferriby: Mother’s Day Afternoon, includes lunch and a children’s buffet corner plus entertainment. £19.95 per adult, £10 per child (aged 10 and under), children under 4 are free. For bookings call 0330 028 3414.
- The Holiday Inn Hull Marina: Special Mother’s Day Lunch, with a glass of prosecco for mum. Adults £16.95 pp, children: £8.95 pp (aged 6 – 16), 5 & under eat free! To book, please call 01482 386300 or contact our events team via email@example.com
- The Country Park, Hessle Foreshore: Mother’s Day 2019 With Michael – Sunday lunch and a performance from our very own Michael Buble tribute. Andrea Turvey will be taking family portraits for you to purchase and take home. Booking is advisable – call 01482 640526.
- The Double Tree Hilton, Ferensway, Hull: Mother’s Day Carvery in their beautiful ballroom. Also face painting all afternoon. Adults £19.95, Children (under 12) – £9.95, Under 3s eat free! Call to book your table on 01482 947423 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hull Minster: You don’t have to wait until Mother’s Day to treat your mum at Hull Minster, they are running a Mother’s Day Afternoon Tea throughout March and April (19th – 31st March and 2nd – 6th April). Booking is advisable, call 07940 536 305, or email email@example.com.
For more ideas check out the family friendly eating out section on Mumbler, its split by area so you can see places Hull here and East Riding here.
Places to go on Mothers Day:
- Mother’s Day Cookery Workshop with Cookstars: Cookstars Hull & Holderness run weekly cookery classes for children and have a special one-off workshop in Cottingham open to all on Mother’s Day to make, bake and decorate 2 beautiful cake gifts. This is a lovely activity to do with the kid, I did their February half term workshop with my kids and really enjoyed it. All details on Mumbler here.
- Skirlaugh Garden and Aquatic Centre: Mother’s Day Fun Day with a special free gift for every mum! Bouncy castle, lunch & cakes at So Delicious, shopping in So Gifted, antique centres, the Goodie shop and the Aquatic Centre. Special offers on across the whole centre. Hull Road, Skirlaugh, Hull HU11 5AH.
- William’s Den, North Cave: Mums Go FREE!!! (with every paying child). Bring your mum to The Den on Mother’s Day and make some wonderful memories together. Make a special gift for your mum to treasure, decorate a porcelain mini mug or pot for them to take home. Plus a Mother’s Day Menu in The Kitchen Table.
- Lambing Time at Sledmere House: A special opportunity to meet newborn lambs, help out at feeding time and give cuddles in the lambing tent. Watch Lambing live streamed straight for our lambing sheds and ask our team any questions. Runs on both 30th and 31st March and again on 6th/7th April 2019. Sledmere House, near Driffield, YO25 3XG.
- Walks & the Outdoors: Being with your family is what it’s all about on Mother’s Day, so if going out for a meal seems like an impossible idea with young children in tow (I know, I’ve been there, still am some days), there are still plenty of things you can do to make the day special. I find that I am at my happiest when my kids are happy, which is what you want if you want to enjoy Mother’s Day, and this usually happens when we are outdoors, and they are burning off some energy. There are loads of ideas for Days Out on Mumbler – if the weather is nice you could go for a stroll in the Humber Bridge Country Park, have a wander on Beverley Westwood or visit one of the local Nature Reserves or woodland areas – you’ll find plenty of options in the Great Outdoors page here. There are also heaps of attractions you could visit, find them on the Days Out Attractions page here.
Wishing all the mums a Happy Mother’s Day!