Introducing Bob Books: Beautiful, affordable photo books that you can easily create yourself
Your favourite memories shouldn’t live on your phone. They should be beautifully printed and put in albums that you and your family can cherish for years to come. We all know how quickly kids grow up, and I promise you, you’ll be forever grateful that you saved the memories!
We always like to properly test-drive the products that we recommend here on mumbler, so read on to find out how I got on creating my own beautiful photo book with Bobs Books.
Founded in 2006, Bob Books are a small, UK-based company who offer everyone the means to create customised, beautifully crafted photo books to preserve life’s special moments.
From family photo albums, to holiday photo books, you can preserve your memories in print from as little as £14.99. A recent customer survey showed that over 70% of customers chose Bob Books due to the quality.
Customers also have the chance to add text, cover highlights and even video content to their photo books. Once printed, there is the option to post your book publicly or privately on their online Bookshop, to share with family and friends.
From your baby’s first steps to your children’s artwork, preserving those memories is so important
The Mumbler community has teamed up with Bob Books to offer an exclusive discount* for members . Use our exclusive code MUMBLER20 at the checkout to save 20% on your next photo book project.
Some useful tips on how to Create Your First Baby Book
Creating a baby photo book is a wonderful way to celebrate your baby’s important milestones, from their precious first days to other special firsts like sitting, standing or eating solid foods. A baby photo book could document just your baby’s first couple of days, the first six months, or even the whole first year. But regardless of the approach you choose to take, here are a few pointers for putting everything together to create a memorable keepsake.
1. Decide what type of baby book you want to create – One thing to keep in mind is that the photos you include should be edited consistently, using similar colours and tones for each one so the style doesn’t change too much from page to page.
2. Include some photos of parents and siblings too – Although the photo book will be dedicated to your baby, it can also be beautiful to include some photos of all the family.
3. Use your baby book to mark important milestones – Start by making a shot list of all the special moments you want to capture on camera and include in your photo book.
4. Narrow it down and keep everything in one place – Think about the most important moments you’d like to include in your photo book before you get started. This will help you narrow things down and select the most meaningful photos
5. Schedule regular photo shoots – As a busy parent, life often gets in the way of good intentions, so scheduling these “photo days” in advance will help you get plenty of material for your baby photo book.
6. Don’t rush yourself – Creating a photo book can be a lot of work, so be patient with yourself and take all the time you need to put your first baby photo book together.
We had great fun creating our own photo books…
I have created photo books before and I love the idea of them; they are always being looked at, especially by my children, and its a great way to get my favourite photo’s off my phone and into something ‘real’. We did a ‘my first year’ baby book for each of my children, and I also did one for a holiday of a lifetime we had to Lapland in December 2019. I haven’t done one recently though because we haven’t had any more babies and we haven’t been on a plane since! However we have actually just been through the most incredible piece of history, living through the first global pandemic since our great grandparents went through the last one (and they didn’t have camera phones or the ability to make a photobook on the internet!). So I decided this chapter of our lives needed remembering and I made a photobook with Bob Books to look back at the time we stayed at home…
I was impressed with how easy the website was to use, you get a quick tutorial on where the different options are but it’s well laid out and easy to find everything. With previous photobooks from other online sites I’ve struggled for layouts and adding more than one photo per page, or adding text where I wanted it, but the layouts on Bob Books were great. They suggest the best layout for you or you can choose your own. Adding text was quick and easy.
The hardest part was choosing the pictures I wanted to use and trawling through my phone; I put all the ones I wanted to use in an album first then uploaded the album to use. I then spent a rainy Saturday afternoon while the kids were watching a film compiling it and I really enjoyed doing it!
Now we are back into ‘normal life’ with hectic schedules of after school clubs, classes and activities again I had almost forgotten about the quiet, calm of lockdown. Don’t get me wrong, I hated home school and at the time I thought it was awful, but reflecting back I remembered the good times as well as the bad. Jo Wickes PE, learning to make bread, walking EVERYWHERE, all these moments made it into the book. My meltdowns and the kids tantrums didn’t!
My Bob book arrived 5 days after ordering it and I love it!! My kids love it too and we’ve all had a great time looking through it and remembering our lockdown lives looking at the book.
* Save 20% with the code MUMBLER20
Offer valid on photo books, wall art, calendars and photo cards only. Voucher code must be entered during checkout at the time of purchase. Not valid on p&p, gift vouchers, Bob Bookshop orders, Video storage or presentation boxes. Cannot be combined with any other offer or voucher or applied retrospectively to any orders. Offer ends 31st December 2021.