The Hull & East Riding Mumbler is growing at such a rate that I now need your help!
I have big plans for Mumbler, such as adding more support and family services areas, working more with midwives and health visitors and running more free family events. It’s essential that I keep everything on the website bang up to date, as well as creating new areas and sharing the best of what to do locally with little ones – so we can help as many parents in Hull and the East Riding as possible.
I am therefore looking for a number of volunteers who love Mumbler and want to be a part of helping it fulfil it’s potential. I have opportunities for a range of skills and a variety of time commitments from one-off jobs to a more regular (5-10 hours per week) commitments. They can all be done from home and around your children and will be working in a very relaxed and friendly environment. They would be ideal for someone who has been off work while raising babies and children and is looking for some new experience and skills and/or confidence ready to return to work.
Currently I have the following volunteer roles (these could be individual roles or a combination of a few). All of these have the potential to lead onto part time paid job roles as Mumbler grows.
- Researcher – I’m creating new areas of the website and are always updating the old ones. We need to ensure that we have captured all the information available – this will be mainly computer based research but could also involve calling relevant people / organisations and making lists of the information ready to be included in the website. (expenses will be covered)
- Website administrator – actually updating the website and adding new listings (full training given)
- Guest Blog Writers – this includes reviewing local attractions, restaurants or shops etc for Mumbler and writing them up as well as other useful and interesting blogs for local parents.
- Event staff – to help plan and run the local family events that I put on
All roles will be entirely flexible – working from home around the needs of your family.
To apply to be part of the Hull & East Riding Mumbler Family just email email@example.com and answer the following questions:
- Why do you want to volunteer for Mumbler?
- Which of the role(s) are you interested in?
- How would you describe yourself in no more than 10 words?
- How many hours per week would you ideally like to volunteer for?
There is no closing date for this – I are always looking for people to help out!
Thanks and I’m looking forward to hearing from you!