Lots of our local attractions offer discounts if you buy an annual pass or a family membership. We’ve put together a Mumbler guide to where you can get a discount (within roughly an hours drive of Hull) to help you save money this year…….
1) The Deep, Hull: We have to kick off with The Deep as this is a fantastic offer and one I’ve used every year since having children, saving me hundreds of £££s! Buy your ticket once and visit as many times as you like for a whole year FREE! Also book via their website for a 10% discount. We’re really lucky to have this attraction on our doorstep, as well as being a great day out or drop in while we’re out and about on the marina I’ve been to their toddler group and school holiday special events, there is always something new and different to try there.
2) Sledmere, near Driffield, YO25 3XG: House, grounds, gardens, stables, café, shops and Spotty Pig Play Farm. Their 2019 Friends Pass will give you free entry throughout the year (subject to the opening schedule) including special events, special member events and priority booking and an additional 5% off in the catering and retail outlets. Membership for adults is £30, children £10 and family tickets can be bought at the discounted price of £70.00 for two adults and two children. Find out more on their website here.
3) Normandy Hall, Scunthorpe, DN15 9HU: Just over the bridge in North Lincolnshire and another of my favourite places to take my kids; there is a great play area, deer park, hall, grounds, walks, a museum and best of all in summer a splash park! An annual pass gets you 12 months access from the date of purchase, included is the Hall, farm, park and grounds. Prices start at £20 for a Standard Individual Membership and has a range of ticket options including a Group Membership at £60.
3) Brodsworth Hall and Gardens, Doncaster: English Heritage site near Doncaster. Membership starts at £46 and gives you unlimited access to over 400 historic places for the whole year. Other English Heritage sites you can use this at too are Helmsley Castle, Rievaulx Abbey, Pickering Castle, Byland Abbey, Kirkham Abbey, Wharram Percy, Whitby Abbey and Scarborough Castle, as well as many lovely locations around the country.
4) Castle Howard: Enjoy 12 months access to the house, parkland, gardens and adventure playground when open to the public and a range of other exclusive benefits and events by becoming a Gold or Silver Friend of Castle Howard.
5) Burnby Hall Gardens, Pockington: Lovely gardens, play area and cafe, often run special events too. Annual pass – Family (2 adults and up to 3 children) £66.00. Single Family (1 adult and up to 3 children)* £47.00. In addition to unlimited entry into the Gardens and Museum, a Membership Pass also gives the following benefits: Free Entry to the Gardens and Museum until March the following year, 10% Discount on full priced items in the Gift Shop. Excluding plants and offers, 10% Discount in The Lilypad Café, discounted entry to selected ticketed events.
6) Williams Den, South Cave, HU15 2LS: Located in North Cave and a great day out, they also run lots of special events, school holiday activities and mid week term time sessions. A Friends of the Den annual pass gets you unlimited access for a whole year, check with them for latest pass prices.
7) Jorvik Viking Centre, York, YO1 9SA: Free admission for 12 months is included in your ticket price. There’s also the option of a passport ticket which gains you access to 5 attractions for 1 great price. Including: Jorvik Viking Centre, DIG: An Archaeological Adventure, Barley Hall, The Richard III Experience and The Henry VII Experience. Family (2 adults and 2 children) – £32 or Passport ticket – £50. Family (2 adults and 3 children) – £36 or Passport ticket £60.
8) Piglets Adventure Farm, Towthorpe Grange, Nr York. YO32 9ST: Passes – adult £45, children £50, gets you unlimited entry to the farm over the season so you can come and go as you please. Free entry to shows and arena events including; magic shows, circus shows, pig racing, summer foam parties and much more! Fast track entry on event days. Special Member discounts throughout the year.
9) Sewerby Hall, Bridlington: Enjoy access to the whole estate all year round with added discounts and benefits. Family tickets start at just £70.
10) Burton Agnes, Driffield, YO25 4NB: House, grounds, gardens and woodland walk. Annual pass available to buy on your first visit to make a saving across the year on repeat visits, check latest prices on their website.
11) Beck Isle Museum, Pickering, YO18 8DU: Pay for one visit and receive a pass for a year.
12) Scampston Hall & Gardens: Annual family membership £48. The benefits of being a member include: unlimited access to the Walled Garden, the Hall Gardens and Parkland Trails during opening hours, unlimited visits to the Hall during the opening period.
13) Eureka, Discovery Road, Halifax HX1 2NE: Eureka! The National Children’s Museum. A bit further away but well worth the visit. You pay once, then play for a year.
14) Magna Science Adventure Centre, Rotherham, S60 1DX : When you buy a full price day pass to Magna you can upgrade to an annual pass free of charge! Your pass will allow you and your family members, for whom you have purchased tickets, a further 12 months entry to Magna at no additional cost.
15) Flamingo Land, Kirby Misperton, Malton, YO17 6UX: Daily Family Ticket (2 adults & 2 children or 1 adult & 3 children) bought online £109.00 (£113.00 if bought within 2 days of the visit), bought on the day £125.00. Or you can get an Annual Family Pass (2 adults & 2 children or 1 adult & 3 children) for £430.00.